Friday, July 1, 2011

Temptation...

I walked to the Safeway today to purchase some laundry detergent.

It’s a quick, thirty-minute round trip.

I need the extra exercise to work off the delicious smoked salmon, Alaska brews and other comestibles tempting me these days.

I was feeling pretty good about getting in a second trek for the day and working off more calories.

That is, until I saw the free sample sitting at the in-store Starbuck’s counter.


While it may look full-sized, it’s only 2 inches tall.

For something so small, it sure packed a punch!

Too bad I’ll be sitting for 5 to 6 hours tomorrow as we make our way to Denali.

Who came up with these drinks anyway?  They're dangerous!

I hardly ever consume them, precisely for that reason (plus they're so darn expensive!). 

Good thing, in Laramie, the only Starbucks are in the two competing grocery stores and I'm always too occupied with groceries to think about fancy coffee drinks.  

Perhaps my future walks here in Anchorage should be in the opposite direction of the Safeway!  

No comments:

Post a Comment