Sunday, October 2, 2011

Unrequited Love.


We all know the heartache of unrequited love...

that lonely empty feeling.

Wanting to cuddle next to the person of one’s affections, only to find them unwilling, unfriendly and even hostile.

It’s painful.

I thought I was through with unrequited love.

Little boys grow up, however, and become teenagers who run hot and cold. 

Today is a “running cold” day. 

I remind myself this happens to parents the world over.

As with falling in love and bearing children, one feels like they’re the first and only person to ever experience such feelings and emotions.

So it is with unrequited love. 

The heartache is yours, and yours alone.

So I’ll just keep reminding myself that folks before me have lived through, and survived, the experience.

Who knows, perhaps even my parents… 

No comments:

Post a Comment