Friday, July 10, 2009

18 days and counting…

till the movers come.

Things have been too hectic lately to stop and think about what will soon be upon us…moving cross country to a place without friends or family…to a place without all our favorite shops, restaurants and bookstores…to a place where---heck, we have no idea what will be in store for us!

Things nearly fell apart here at home when our renters unexpectedly backed out. Fortunately, we were able to find new renters within a week. Then, the house we had hoped to move into in Wyoming also fell through, so we still don’t have a fixed address at which to land…and the truck comes to pack and haul our belongings in less than three weeks!!! I’m not sure how I’m managing to maintain my calm and sense of humor, but I’m sure that whatever "Zen" state of mind I’ve managed to zone into will fall apart once we’ve landed in our new home/town and I realize…I’m all alone in a strange new land!

No comments:

Post a Comment