Friday, May 14, 2010

The snowstorm that wasn’t...

A winter storm watch was in effect all day Tuesday through Wednesday evening.

[Frankly, I feel lucky that we had what we had, rather than what those poor folks who got hit by tornadoes had to endure this past week.]

TWC had predicted 8-10 inches for Tuesday night, and another 3-5 on Wednesday.

When I awoke Wednesday morning, I was expecting a pile of snow needing to be shoveled.

Thankfully, that wasn't necessary.

While we did have “weather” Tuesday evening and the roads to Denver were closed until 10 a.m. Wednesday morning, it turned out to be "the snowstorm that wasn’t," at least in Laramie,

Other parts of Wyoming did get many inches of snow, as you can see from these photos of the snowies...



taken while walking along the ridge above the golf course, where it was windy.

Last week they were looking like this...


I’ve been fortunate to have a great walking companion, who alas, is leaving for Scotland next week.

I’m going to miss her spirit and her constant need to be in motion, which has helped to keep me up on my feet and traipsing all over town and up at the summit this past week.

Fortunately, she'll be returning come August.

No comments:

Post a Comment