Thursday, May 6, 2010

The weather—what else

A WYDOT message in my e-mail inbox this morning…

"I80: Closed EASTBOUND between Laramie and Exit 323, Happy Jack Rd. 06-MAY 07:07"

I’ve heard (and wondered) about when the gates come down, but have never been there when it happens...


So I checked out the WYDOT web cams

I guess some turn around to return to Laramie...
Somewhere between the Summit, Laramie & Cheyenne

No traffice on these portions of I-80
It’s been alternating between wet snow and snain all morning.

The ground might be too warmish for any accumulation.

The air, however, has that chilly wet feel more usual to humid climes.

Such is the life of a fledgling Frontier Woman...

1 comment:

  1. You are not alone!!!! We woke to about a foot of new snow yesterday.. and, it is still here... Not melting as fast as I would have thought! This morning we had 20 degrees.. Right now it is 42, so we shall see....
    But, we do have some blue skies with our white puffy (and some gray) clouds!!

    ReplyDelete