Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Bar Mitzvah Boy

Be still my heart!

My baby boy seemed so at ease, and displayed such a commanding presence, on the Bimah (stage/pulpit) this past Saturday.

How very proud I am.

All these months, he’s been dreading the prospect of standing in front of people to recite Shabbat morning prayers and blessings and read his Torah portion, in Hebrew.

All these months I’ve been worried how he might stutter and stammer, lose his place, and be all nervous and embarrassed.

It seems we both worried for naught.

My baby seems to have some “public speak” in him.

He looked so handsome up there.

He looked so calm.

He looked downright comfortable!

It’s been a long, and often difficult, journey –years of tears and fights during Hebrew school days back east—to reach Bar Mitzvah day, and I can’t believe it’s finally over.

I thank his Hebrew tutor, for giving my baby boy the encouragement, the courage, the confidence and the ability to be so cool-headed and at ease on Bar Mitzvah day.

The Rabbi said blessings over the Challah and wine at the start of
 Shabbat on Friday evening
Blessings also said over wine and Challah after Shabbat and
the teenager's Bar Mitzvah service
Cake made for the teenager by the Sisterhood ladies from 
Cheyenne, Mt Sinai Synagogue
Now my Bar Mitzvah boy deserves to enjoy the rest of his summer break…

1 comment:

  1. Very nice! Congratulations to him and to all of you. That is very cool!!

    ReplyDelete