Saturday, February 26, 2011

There’s this saying...

If you don’t like the weather in Wyoming, give it ten minutes because it’s sure to change.

When I finished my blog post this morning, the flakes had stopped and the sun was shining.

It’s been shining ever since, making it an overall very nice day except for the strong Wyoming winds.

Same shot, different time of day and weather...
  
The Legal Dude is back in the Mountain West and will soon be home, after a quick stop into Whole Foods in Ft Collins.

As I sit at my laptop looking eastward, I see an Albany County school bus pull into the school parking lot.

Don’t know if it’s the teenagers, or the 7th grade bus.  

Being so late, nearly 4 p.m., one can only hope their team did well in the championship.
  
Here’s to sunshine in your neck of the woods….may it be so sunny and bright!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Karen!
    I have to share that I got a chuckle out of your posts today... I KNOW exactly what you mean about the games!!

    My daughter's school and team has been playing in a tournament for the last 2 days - Middle School - at a town that is about an hour or so away - depending on the weather! And the roads have been nice and clear - temperatures? Minus 5 this morning...

    So, yesterday, she got on the 7:30 am bus, and her team lost after it's 10:00 am game. We then watched the boys, who won, and I brought her home - we left the games about noon. (I leave about an hour after the bus so I can watch). She wanted to stay to see the boys play again, and just hang out with the girls - which would mean getting home at 8:00pm or so! I didn't think it was a good idea.. since she had to get up at 5am today..

    So, I made a deal. Today, Her bus left at 6:30 am. Again, I left about an hour later, and her team won this morning - I told her I wanted to see the first game. Their next game wasn't until 3pm and the boys don't play until 5pm - they also got on the 6:30am bus!!! I told her I was going to go home (instead of hanging out in a one horse town for 5 hours), and she was perfectly happy to not have her embarrassing mom hanging out, taking pictures and cheering them on!
    Win win...
    Although.. I will have to go get her at the school, 7 miles away, when-ever the bus gets back (who knows!)!!! But, I'm home, hanging out, and just fine with that!

    ReplyDelete