Saturday, June 19, 2010

Iced Coffee

Yesterday, the teenager asked if he could have an iced coffee made with that morning’s leftover decaf.


Yes, I admit it.

I occasionally let the teenager have a little decaf with lots of cream and sugar, much to the dismay of the Legal Dude.

I made it with lots of cream, added sugar and topped it off with whipped cream.

He made a face and said it had w-a-y too much sugar.

“Too much” and “sugar” never are used in the same sentence by the teenager!

He said, “Taste it.”

He was right.

It did have too much, but it wasn’t sugar.

I had inadvertently added salt, and lots of it.

Large Kosher salt crystals to boot.

I haven’t used salt in place of sugar since college, when my friends and I "intentionally" replaced sugar with salt in brownies or other sweets, to get back at our guy pals for some infraction or other.

Being the nice mom that I am, I gave him my iced coffee.

I don't use sugar, so there were no Kosher salt crystals to contend with.

Remember, I want him to have nice memories, "so he’ll be sure to put me in a nice nursing home when the time comes."

I think it's a safe bet that iced coffee with salt won't get me into that "nice" nursing home!

No comments:

Post a Comment