Thursday, April 1, 2010

Mother Nature's April Fools...

I received an email from a friend this morning, which opened with these lines...
“Writing to you from the outer banks. Staying in house in Corolla, two houses from the beach. It's breezy, and cool but beautiful clear blue skies.”
After reading her e-mail, I went out and took these shots, and no, this is not an April Fools joke!

Or perhaps it is, one perpetuated by Mother Nature!



Yesterday started out bright and lovely, before turning overcast and colder in the late afternoon.

The day before...62 degrees, but windy!

The roads in and out of Laramie have been closed, initially because of weather.

While shopping downtown, I overheard a stranded resident from Cheyenne saying that there was an accident up on the summit---where elevation reaches a high of over 8,000 feet---which may have been the cause.


Either way, those gates are down and the roads shuttered, so to speak.

HELLo, Stephen King!

p.s. while in the shop downtown, the ladies were telling me all about how this happens...in May and June!

My mantra: They DID tell me...it would be just like this.

No comments:

Post a Comment