Wednesday, April 28, 2010

WPR - Pledge Week

It’s no secret that I love WPR, especially Grady Kirkpatrick’s three-hour "Morning Music" program.

When the call went out a few weeks ago asking for volunteers to help during pledge week, I signed on.

I really should have been home studying for my final Psych exam, which is tomorrow morning, but I didn’t think about that when I signed on to help out.

Besides, I signed on during the hours of Morning Music, in the hopes of catching a glimpse of Grady, or better yet, to shake his hand and tell him "how much I really enjoy his show."

Well—I did! I did!


Grady Kirkpatrick - WPR's Music Director and Morning Music host

This next shot is of Grady and WPR Reporter, Renny MacKay.


My photos don't do them justice

A few photos I took of the WPR offices…


A "Devil's Tower" t-shirt on the left

I met some nice WPR employees and other nice folk...



and of course, answered the phones.



They even fed us...



Just a bit of down time for one of the volunteers, Mr. Winston (Churchill)...



I love these voices...



It may not be the most exciting looking place, but they sure do put out some great public radio!

I signed up to go back on Friday.

For now, though, it's back to the books because "I really should be studying!"

No comments:

Post a Comment