Thursday, November 19, 2009

Creative Blogger Award...



My dear blog-o friend, Andi, a great and funny lady who lives on a ranch in Eastern Oregon, sent me this Kreativ Blogger Award.

Shucks, Andi. Thank you!

Andi has been my…all-things-small-town…lifeline since even before I moved here.

We first met earlier this year via some card making sites.

I then discovered that she was a former Hollywood, CA gal who met, fell in love and married a handsome rancher dude and then moved with him and their young babies out to a ranch in…the middle of almost nowhere…Eastern, Oregon.

Now a rancher dude-ette herself of many years, Andi leads an unbelievably hectic and non-stop…yet amazingly exciting---at least from where I sit…life with her rancher dude husband and children.

I almost always laugh when reading her tales of the trials, tribulations and triumphs of being a rancher dud-ette and usually need a nap (or a stiff drink) afterwards just to re-coup from the exhaustion “I feel” in just reading her blog.

Man-o-man…is she ever one busy ranching dud-ette!

Sometime when you have a minute or two…grab a hot cup of coffee and sit for a spell and read her blog-o’s, which you can find here and here

So here’s the deal…I’m to list 7 things you don’t know about me and then pass the award on to 7 others.

Trouble is…I don’t know 7 other blog-o-people well enough to pass on this award.

Oh well.

On to the seven things you may not know about me…

Before we move away from this part of the country I want to…leave knowing that I am truly a “Frontier Woman” and…

1. be able to ride a horse…I mean “really” ride a horse

2. be able to shoot a bow and arrow (but not shoot anything)

3. Fly fish…or maybe ice fish

4. Know how to drive in snow

5. Not be afraid to drive in snow

6. Know how to handle my car on ice

7. Be able to drive to Denver (or at least Ft Collins) all by little lonesome

8. Rope a calf

9. Dress a deer

Oh wait…that’s nine. I must be kidding about the last two!

There’s one last item, however, that can’t be omitted.

To some extent, Andi is the inspiration behind “Almost Due West.”

Yeah. I would have eventually started a blog-o about our journey due west, but it was Andi’s story-telling that gave me the nudge and the inspiration to start my own.

So Andi…Thanks, kiddo!

1 comment:

  1. Aw shucks Ms. K!!!! Thanks so much for the sweetest comments:) Together we will survive!

    Us transplants gotta stick together!

    Today's stuck in the tundra tip: Do not 'any' wet body parts on frozen objects... Fingers that are wet from refilling frozen water buckets do stick to other frozen objects.. NOT fun!!!!

    And although I was born in Hollywood, (really!), I lived much farther up north... Around Chico, CA... where I would love to be!!!

    ReplyDelete