Tuesday, November 3, 2009

We’re Official

We finally got our Wyoming license plates.
[Edited: Courtesy: Artist rendition]
From what I can tell, registering one’s car in Wyoming may be a bit more of a challenge than back home, but we’ll see…if we ever have to re-register our cars back in Virginia.

I like the plates, but I don’t like what it costs.

Thought we were leaving behind, the dreaded Virginia “property tax.”

But Wyomingites pay several annual licensing and registration fees based upon the original MLP, regardless of what one paid for the vehicle.

Maybe that's the same in Virginia...original MLP based vs. what one actually paid for the car.

I’ve heard tell that while the fees decrease (marginally) every year and cap after 5, one is still paying a pretty hefty sum in the end.

I'm thinking the annual decrease in Virginia is probably more significant.

This is the price, I guess, for living in the least populated state.

Some one's gotta pay for all the road work.

No comments:

Post a Comment