Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Speaking of boots…“Don't stomp your little last season Prada shoes at me, honey…"

‘cause I’m wearing me some boots!

Western Style, that is.


Boots I brought (back) with me to Laramie.

I’ve come to the realization that I love western boots.

Back home, I never felt completely at ease in them…like I was playing cowgirl dress up.

But here…it’s different. I actually feel “at home” in my boots.

Maybe it’s because a lot of people wear them (and not just for dress up)…or that I can see mountains…or that no one here knows me...or that I can recast myself into whomever I want to be.

So now I’m thinking I need a pair of “dress boots”...in black.

You know…for when I go out-on-the-town.

I’m even thinking I could also use a pair of brightly colored boots…turquoise or ruby red...with lots of tooling, maybe.

And a pair of shoe boots…the kind they wear for line dancing and the Texas Two Step, or better yet…Square Dancing!

I was never ever a shoe fanatic…but I may just turn out to be one big boot hound!

Prada: make room for more Tony Lama…or another pair of Ariat!

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE my Ariats!!! I have a pair of Fat Babys... Faux ostrich bottom, awesome upper with blue stars on cream, and the inside are lime green!!!

    Love em.. Love em.. Love em.
    And I wear them just about daily!!!

    ReplyDelete