Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Learning to drive…in the snow



Laramie is probably one of the best places in the North to learn how to drive in snow.

The speed limit is 30…everywhere in town (except out near Wal-Mart and the Interstate, which is 40 to 45).

And at certain times during the day, there aren’t that many cars out.

So…if I go slip-sliding around, there’s no one to crash into.

If I choose to go r…e…a…l…s…l…o…w, which I’m wont to do, there aren't "too" many other drivers to get pissed at me.

And while there are a few steep inclines where we live, it's mostly flat.

Plus…nothing is really very far away.

So if I wake up on a morning like today, no worries about the snowy conditions… whether it be a mere 3 inches or a foot.

I’m finding I can get around…slowly.

But I won’t drive after dark when temps are this cold.

There’s too much slichy (slushy ice) stuff on the roads for me to navigate.

Stay safe out there…

No comments:

Post a Comment