Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Not a weather post…

I got stuck trying to get into the garage this morning after dropping the teenager off at school.

The driveway hasn’t been shoveled since about 3 snows ago.

Too large...it’s about the size of a half-court.

Well...almost.

These are lousy photos. My hands we’re cold after shoveling, and I could only capture portions of it…





There was a big “hump” of snow just in front of the garage door.

The wind blows the drifts against that side of the house…garage.

That’s where I got stuck.

It took a good 2 to 3 minutes to get un-stuck.

Seemed like forever.

I was too close to the door frame to gun it...didn’t want to damage the car or the garage!

So this is what I did with my trusty Wyoming shovel...



We haven’t seen concrete on this part of the property since...I don’t remember.

This is what I unwittingly created...



A deep ditch for the tires to get stuck...



That’s solid ice.

We left our “ice pick” in VA, for the renters.

What did we know?

The garage is on the North side of the house and this part of the driveway obscured by the garage.

Keeping my fingers crossed, though, that the warm(er) temps will soften that block of ice and I can shovel it away.

I guess it’ll be good experience.

With the Legal Dude out-of-town, I’ve got just me...

Frontier Woman.

1 comment:

  1. Ok.. when my husband goes out of town and the snow is deep I hire someone to come plow! Find someone with a blade on the front of a 4-wheeler.. Treat yourself! It will probably be only $20 bucks...

    ReplyDelete