Tuesday, December 29, 2009

So...

I haven’t used these in 5 days…



Not since we left sunny 40 degree temps in Atlanta, where we had a fabulous time with the Legal Dude’s family and ate tons and tons of sushi.

Then we flew into this...



Chicago in winter...



where it was wet, windy, cold and icy almost everyday with a blah, grey sky.

But we had a lovely time with my family and had more great food!

The Legal Dude and I kept saying...“Give us Wyoming weather.

It may snow...it may be cold...and it will definitely be windy.

But the sun is almost always shinning and the air is dry!”

That is, until we came home to this…



Yep…I shoveled that 6' high, 10' wide mound of snow when I got home this afternoon.



Okay…I embellish.

This is what I actually shoveled.



A path to the gas grill! (We stopped in at Whole Foods in Ft Collins on our way home.)

It snowed in Laramie on Christmas Day.

We've heard just 2" fell from the sky…the rest blew in from the plains and down off the mountains and created havoc in town leaving 2...3...and 4 foot snowdrifts everywhere, including around our house.

The grad student looking in on the house shoveled our driveway!

He was worried we wouldn’t be able to get into the garage with all the snow drifts.

So he shoveled.

Nice guy!

He said the drifts were pretty high on the street in front of our house and cars were getting stuck, thus this…



It’s on the NW corner of our lot, where the sidewalk curves into the cul-du sac.

I saw it from w—aaa—y across on the other side of the Junior High, on 22nd Street as we were driving home.



Not sure what we’re going to do with it…




A Belated Merry Christmas…

Had my message all sent up to go…then I didn’t have easy access to a computer.

Hope you all had a wonderful Christmas, with lots of joy…good food…and fun family time.

1 comment:

  1. Oh my.. Snow drifts.. They are our worse enemy! Our snow is just now coming in... Four days according to the weather service!

    Love the sunglasses! Hope you get to wear them soon!

    I 'heart' sushi!

    You guys need a snow blower or a 4wheeler with a blade on the front... or, the phone number to some dude/dudette that plows for bucks!!!

    Stay cozy!
    And happy belated Christmas!!

    ReplyDelete