Sunday, February 28, 2010

Ina Garten’s Rugelach Recipe



I love Ina Garten’s rugelach recipe, which can be found here at Foodnetwork.com.



Her recipe is so very easy to make, and really delicious.

The dough includes cream cheese, so it’s not Parve, which means you can’t eat them after a meat meal if you keep kosher.

The first time I made them, back in VA, the Legal Dude didn’t like them.

I had baked them according to the recipe and w/ the cream cheese he found them too soft and rich for his taste.

So now I let them bake longer and he likes them, except that the preserves ooze out and they get all dark on the bottom, which he calls burnt and I call caramel like.

Anyway, thought I’d share some photos from a recent Saturday afternoon of baking.


What Ina's rugelach looks like.


I can never roll a true circle.


After chilling and adding the egg wash and cinnamon/sugar mixture.


My end product...yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment