Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Lessons learned…













[Clipart]

So…I got my exam results back yesterday.

I knew I wasn’t going to get a 100%, nor even in the 90% range, but a girl can dream.

Instead, I got an 83%: 4-5 points less than what I had expected, or hoped for.

Bummer!

But now that I know what her exams are like I’ll do better next time, in a few weeks.

The teenager asked how I did on my exam.

When I told him my score, he said: “What! That’s just not acceptable! That’s barely a B. In fact, it’s almost a C! I’m sorry, but that’s just not good enough!”

Words, verbatim, that he’s heard from me now and again over the years.

So there you go, out of the mouths of babes and all that.

Just when you think they’re not listening or learning, they turn around and surprise you with what they HAVE learned, and it sure ain’t the manners you’ve been hoping for!

A lesson learned mama, a lesson learned...

No comments:

Post a Comment