Thursday, February 18, 2010

When no news is "not" good news...

Ugh!

I got a call this morning from our renters.

Two branches fell on the roof sometime during the storm, but they don’t think they did any damage.

More serious though, is a damp spot between the living and the dinning rooms where a teeny tiny bit of drippage lasted about 15 minutes.

But that was 2 days ago!

So why am I just getting a call this morning?

I made arrangements for our contractor guy to take a look see. He told me they would probably have to remove the snow from the roof.

I checked in on our renters twice during the storm to make sure everything was okay. I told them to call if there were any problems.

Earlier this week I’d been feeling the pull to contact them again, but told the Legal Dude, “No news is good news.”

Besides, I don't want to hound them.

Now I know better. I need to listen to my gut.

Gad…there’s always something.

Post Script: During the teenager’s bb game this afternoon, the Director was telling me how their house was pretty much destroyed during the rare tornado that came through two years ago.

Kind of puts things in perspective, a bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment