Monday, October 12, 2009

Blog Posts of a Woman Homesteader...

I’m trying to meet and make new friends.

So I joined the University of Wyoming Women’s Group.

We met this evening to discuss this book…

by Elinore Pruitt Stewart.

Her letters were first published in The Atlantic Monthly in 1914 and made into a move in 1979…Heartland, starring Rip Torn and Conchata Ferrell.

100 years have since passed and a mere hundred or-so modern conveniences have been invented, yet I feel a kinship with Ms. Pruitt Stewart.

Like Ms. Pruitt Stewart, I too am a newcomer to Wyoming.

Like Ms. Pruitt Stewart, I too didn’t know a soul before arriving here. (Well…she was a widowed mother. I have my boys.)

Yet…she survived and she made friends…lots of them.

Pick up a copy…it’s a fascinating, amusing and easy read.

BTW: The only difference between the depiction of Ms. Pruitt Stewart on the front cover of the book and my current life...I don’t have a dog.

Thanks for stopping by...

No comments:

Post a Comment