Saturday, October 10, 2009

Ole Mother Hubbard Went to the Cupboard…

Only to find this sign at her local Safeway…


I guess they closed I-80 last night...or early this morning...due to the snow and wind.

I’ve heard tell that the cupboards can get a wee bit bare during winter when the roads from Denver, Cheyenne, and Fort Collins are closed.

Now we’re wishing we had taken advantage of the University Ag Department’s offer of a “whole cow” (or however much you wanted) at $2.50 per lb!!!

Live and learn baby…live and learn!

3 comments:

  1. I want a whole cow! I'm getting hungry just thinking about it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Umm.. Have a told you about the freezers in our garage? We have three... and an extra refrigerator in the laundry room...

    They come in handy for the ol' stocking up on supplies and being 'ready' for those days of no driving... days.. and days..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi K and family! This is great reading and this post is hilarious. I've been reading all afternoon.Just when you thought purchasing a "whole cow" is ridiculous...keep up the good blogging.

    ReplyDelete