Saturday, October 10, 2009

Got Flu? A Good Book?

S is feeling under the weather.

No pun intended. Honest!

He started feeling cruddy mid-week. J was struggling with something all last week and half of his science class was out one or two days.

I hope S doesn’t have the flu. He was silly enough not to get the FREE flu shot given at the University and I just got mine last week. I hear tell it takes two weeks before it becomes effective. Here's keeping my fingers crossed!

Anyway…I’ve been trying to catch up on my blog.

J is reading, Ender’s Game, by Orson Scott Card. I heard OSC on WPR a few weeks ago and just KNEW that this would be a good book for J.



Of course, he didn’t think so. Said he had tried it once and it was...well, we just won't go there.

Great mom that I am…I went to the library, checked out the book and let it sit on the coffee table. He asked, and I told him the book was for ME.

Anyway, this afternoon he wanted to play a game on my laptop, after watching TV.

Smart mom that I am…I said “Only after you spend 15 minutes reading Ender’s Game.”

He huffed, and he puffed, but he couldn’t budge this brick wall. We agreed on 30 pages.

He’s still reading.

Smart mom. That’s me. Only for the moment, though.

Thanks for checking in…

1 comment:

  1. Ender's Game is being release (as we speak/type) as a graphic novel.

    ReplyDelete