Saturday, October 10, 2009

Snow…Snow…Snow (ala Danny Kaye, Bing Crosby and Rosemary Clooney)

This is what greeted us at 7A.M. this morning.



It started to snow late yesterday afternoon and was swirling round and round all last evening. The guesstimate: between 4 to 6 inches by morning. We got (at least) the 4 inches.

It’s supposed to snow again this evening, with possible accumulation of another 2 inches.

J had an 8 A.M. basketball game down the street at the H.S.

Afterwards, S and I went to Walmart to pick-up a few space heaters.

I still haven’t quite figured out how to get the house warm enough without turning the temp up to about 74 degrees, which I just can't bring myself to do! And I' d rather not be dressed for the outdoors while indoors.

I guess it must be the high ceilings plus an air return in the living/family room blowing cool air… right at the sitting area!

Anyway…you can’t really see, but the parking lot looked like it was ready for Halloween, with lots of dry ice mist swirling about 6” off the ground.



One of the dad’s at J’s bb game told me…”This much snow hasn’t been typical in some time. In recent years, we’d get little snow flurries early on here and there, but not quite this much.”

When I asked about the ice on the roads/sidewalks under the snow, same dad told me “That’s because the ground is still on the warm side and we don’t usually get such an extended cold snap with this much snow so early.”

He also said the weather forecasters (and the Farmer’s Almanac) are in agreement…this is going to be a wild winter!

Oh great! The first winter WE move here, turns out it’s going to be a harsh one!

Guess he saw the stricken look on my face and said, “Oh…believe me. Its better this way. Otherwise you think, no big deal. Then, Bam! Before you know it, the temp is 50 degrees... BELOW Zero!

Again…did I really sign on for this!

Oh well. A few more photos of the beautiful bright snow!




Stay warm...or cool...wherever you may be!

No comments:

Post a Comment