Sunday, October 11, 2009

White Ice



No additional snow this morning…just COLD and lots of ice on the roads.

I’ve been told about this phenomenon.

It snows.

The sun comes…the snow melts.

Night falls…the temp drops below freezing.

The next day…white ice.

Of course this happens in lots of other places, but I’ve heard about this from a LOT of people.

Plus, they don’t plow the roads here…except for 1, or 2, maybe 3, and perhaps 4 main arteries (if you can call them that!).

The roads just to the right and in front of us seem to get plowed because of the Junior High…lucky for us!

As you can see, though, the cul-du-sac to the left of us…lots of ice.


I got up at 7:30 to take care of the patient, who is not doing well at all, and there was no sun.

It is now 9:45 and still no sun.

So, this is what it’s going to be like…

I can deal.

Maybe I’ll believe it…if I say it enough times.

Stay warm out there...

1 comment:

  1. Ice.. a total drag.. Can't stand the stuff.. The black ice is my enemy...

    We get to put on studded tires... My favorite winter accessory! Yes, I love my studs... wear them Nov. 15 thru March 15... And, I even have All wheel drive in my Ford Explorer! Trust me.. I have done a 360 on ice.. with my babies in the back and then ended up in a ditch.. a little dry thing.. next to a church in town.. Right after jumping the tire tracks that get formed over time by all the repeated snow & ice melt from day and night! Think train tracks.. but these are the tracks you get to drive in on those roads that aren't plowed regularly...


    Those two things are a girls best friend in 'real' winter land.. Her studs. And her 4WD rig.. (next to the long undies:)).. And an ice scrapper you keep in your car.. You need a few of those.. Trust me.. You will be driving down the highway, and your windshield freezes over, and you have to pull over and scrape ice off of it because it is too damn cold for your defrost to do anything! Courtesy of ice fog... Yuck..


    OH.. and sensible 'shoes'... Snow packs with rubber soles - they stick to ice real well!!!
    I'll have to take a photo of them for you...

    Am I any help at all or am I just making it worse??? Hard to figure!

    ReplyDelete