Tuesday, September 22, 2009

I heard it on WPR…

Candy and fruit-flavored cigarettes…?!

I heard this morning on WPR, that President Obama signed into law on Monday legislation that grants the FDA the authority to regulate tobacco products. Among other things, the law will restrict tobacco advertising and ban candy and fruit-flavored cigarettes!

I had no idea such a thing…as candy and fruit-flavored cigarettes…existed!

Nor that they apparently come in packaging resembling high-priced flavored chocolate bars.

Think: packaging resembling those wonderful looking bars sitting at the check-out counters at Barnes & Noble or Borders...

[Edited to Note: This is in no way meant to imply that any high priced chocolate bars including, but not limited to, Godiva chocolates are in any way related to tobacco products or that B&N or Borders sells tobacco products!!!]

With a new teen in the house, I’m realizing (or am I already too late?) that I REALLY need to get more on the ball and pay attention…to Everything!

I do know…that despite our best hopes and intentions as parents…teens are at some point tempted to venture and think about experimenting and exploring things we’d rather they not even know about.

After all, I was once a teen (albeit a good one).

So, how can I try and circumvent something…when I don’t even know it’s out there?!!

Good “wake up” lesson for me.

Diligence…Diligence…Diligence

BTW: FAB music…as always…on WPR (but I still miss Diane Rehm, et al.)

Hope you all have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment