Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Mr. Hyde…has left the building

Yes…the teenager has left the building and someone resembling our “little guy” is once again with us, albeit I’m sure, for just a temporary spell (especially since the long weekend is over and he once again gets back into the school routine).

I think hanging with his buddies influences his attitude towards us…not that his buddies have anything to do with how he acts towards us but…when compared to his peers, we fall woefully short.

At least that’s my deep insight for the day...or maybe the week (or even the month!).

He chatted on and on about his week, school, and his two basketball games at dinner on Saturday evening and again after Kol Nidrei (Yom Kippur) service on Sunday evening.

He didn’t even complain (much) about the nearly 2 hour long service he was forced to attend.

I had to ask…”who is this young man” who has deigned to grace us with his presence…and smile and laugh and joke, and egad …even cuddle!!!!!

I’m just happy to have him back…even if it’s just for the moment.

I realize (yet again), he’s a good kid…a sweet boy, with a great sense of humor and tremendous wit …who makes us laugh and shake our heads as he rambles on about life “according to J.”

But…check back with me in a few days. I’m sure I’ll have a few other “choice” adjectives to describe the “teenager!”

Speaking of the “little guy”….I submitted this card to a recent card making challenge on a Blog site I like to visit.

We were challenged to incorporate a photo into a card. I picked this photo of the then- little guy, which I have always loved, and couldn’t resist turning it into a Halloween card.

Wasn’t he just adorable...and so happy!

Someone out there is going to get this in the mail for Halloween...so acted surprised!

Thanks for stopping in...

1 comment:

  1. OH mama!! I feel your pain (on a pre-teen level)!!!!

    It makes my heart ache to know our kids struggle with their cool bigger selves - mostly in public - and then the sweet child that they are/can be... mostly at home..

    Remember my little guy who did not want to dance with me in public? He keeps telling me he loves me, and he hugs me.. here at home..

    I just hope they always know, we are here always, with open arms and a big hug, or kiss, and yes a cuddle!!! Especially when that scarry world pushes them away...

    ReplyDelete