Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Bummed and embarrassed…

[clipart]

Grades were posted this morning for last week’s Psych essay question.

I didn’t earn my 1 point, but instead received a lousy .7.

Truth be told, I wasn’t happy with my final product.

I had a difficult time wrapping my head around the assignment.

It should have been easy.

Sometimes though, my synapses misfire and there’s nothing to do but stop, and completely start over, which I did try but obviously completely failed.

I’m suddenly reminded of the health care debate. Sometimes it’s hard letting go of what you started and worked so hard on, to begin anew.

(Not that I’m saying that’s what needs to be done in the health care debate. No political assessments being touted in this post, or any others for that matter! )

I should ask the Prof for my paper, so I can see (confirm) where I went wrong, but I’m too embarrassed.

Imagine that, embarrassed at my age.

One would think that I’ve already done and said enough embarrassing things to last a life time.

Well, okay. I have.

So why add another needless embarrassing moment to the already huge pile of shame?

Darn!

I can hear my “mom” voice in the back of my head, saying to the teenager, “So you can learn from your mistakes.”

Yeah, okay. But do I need to listen?

No comments:

Post a Comment