Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Huh?

Found this…



on our front lawn where this...


huge pile of snow has been for the past three months but after today, looks like this...


thanks to the near 60 temps we had today and all those weeks of me diligently chipping away at it every day.

I think I know what spent cartridges feel and look like, and this one is heavy and closed on both ends and feels like it still has ammo in it.

It has "Winchester" etched on the metal side.

I took a quick look-see on the Internet and I’m thinking, because it has a number "8" on it, that it either might be bird shot or for skeet shooting, which makes this very interesting…


lots of feathers and a carcass strewn across our front lawn. There was more of it yesterday, before the wind blew it away.

I initially thought one of the neighborhood foxes got to a bird, but now I’m re-thinking that.

Several sites on the Internet suggest calling the local police to dispose of ammo, advice I think I’ll follow.

No comments:

Post a Comment