Sunday, March 14, 2010

Out on the empty road...

Yesterday afternoon the Legal Dude and I took a ride out of town on a road we’ve not traveled before.

People here are big on biking.



I always get a kick out of seeing these bikers so far from civilization.



I always wonder...



“Who are these people," who choose to live in such isolated areas.

Then again, I'm sure they wonder the same about us city folks.




The narrow, two-lane road eventually turned into dirt and mud



so we turned around so as not to get stuck.

We passed some young men with rifles, who we thought were hunters.

We soon realized our mistake as we heard gunshots as we drove by.

They were out there for target practice.



Too late, I realized I could have gotten some really great shots of all the spent shotgun shells.

The view heading back to town.





The gates and sign I always get a kick out of seeing, even if it is a little creepy Stephen King-ish for me.

I've never managed to get a close-up, until now.

Click on the photo and check out what happens to those who don't follow the rules.



Freight trains are always passing through Laramie.



I find something wonderfully lonesome and forlorn about these trains, moving across the empty vastness of the plains and against the backdrop of the mountains.



Getting closer to civilization...



Entering Laramie city limits...



What a wonderfully diverse landscape that surrounds us.

Thanks for peeking...

[BTW: The Wyoming steaks were delish!

We’ll definitely be buying locally grown and cut Wyoming meat again and again from the butcher.]

No comments:

Post a Comment