Friday, March 19, 2010

Is travel REALLY necessary

Today is a good day to talk about the one reason I am not so crazy about living here.

A winter storm warning is in effect.

A dangerous driving alert has been flashing across the bottom of the T.V. screen (on TWC) for the past ten minutes with precautions about blowing snow, high winds and poor visibility.

The alert also encourages travelers to have extra flashlights, food and blankets in the car, which is something the locals recommend keeping in the car at all times anyway.

Now normally, neither one of these is a big deal, except that today, the Legal Dude is in Salt Lake City and flying back into DIA late tonight.

On a good day, I’m never crazy about the two-hour drive to DIA, which makes for a long travel day. (This has been one of my most difficult adjustments, since National is a mere 12–15 minute drive from our house on Utah Street.)

During inclement weather, driving across the Wyoming plains and through the mountains makes for white knuckle driving, and a lot of pacing for those waiting at home.

If anything sends me packing form this town, it will be this; unless of course, I can get used to it, which I see as a necessity...'casue traveling is just too much fun and yes, it really is necessary.

1 comment:

  1. Yikes.. I stay home on days like that.. Just not worth it.. at all...

    ReplyDelete