Thursday, March 4, 2010

Listening to that inner voice…

I listened to my inner “mom” voice today and asked to see the comments on my recent Psych essay question.

I was also influenced by the Legal Dude who said, “asking to review exams, etc. is important and indicative that you care and want to learn from your mistakes.”

Yeah. Yeah. Yeah. I knew that.

Glad I did, though. It was as I suspected.

I fell short on the part of the question, how to apply memory strategies to my personal style of learning. I hadn’t been sure where to go with that and obviously, I didn’t get very far.

But I also got a warm fuzzy.

The Prof said I did an excellent job on the first half and that I received extra credit; otherwise I would have gotten a measly .5 vs. the lousy .7.

Phew! Nice to know that, as the Prof. put it, I’m not suffering from a deficit in understanding the material.

Now I just need to translate this into a meaningful lesson for the teenager: sometimes, it really does pay to check in with the teacher and, you might just be in for a nice surprise!

I just hope he hears what I’m saying.

But this doesn't change my embarrassing blather to WPR.

Sheesh...

No comments:

Post a Comment