Thursday, January 7, 2010

The bill is in the mail, Lady…

I know.

The saying is really…”The check is in the mail.”

But here in Laramie, Wyoming…it’s the reverse.

I don’t remember the last time I had my home/appliances serviced back in Northern, VA where I wasn’t required to hand over a check for services rendered…when the services were rendered.
Okay…there was Moran’s Heating and Cooling when they put in the mini-split in the back tv/game room.

They billed us for the second half of the payment.

And, yes, if you pay for an “annual” check-up (i.e. HVAC), then you only pay once, but…you pay before your appliance is serviced that first time.

More often than not, the mantra is: we service…you pay (you being the homeowner).

Here in small town Laramie, the response is always the same…”Oh no. We’ll send you a bill.”

Or…the bill is in the mail.

And twice I’ve had to call to be billed.

I find this phenomenon…interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment