Friday, January 1, 2010

A Bubbly Cocktail...

Came across a recipe for this cocktail while flying back home on Frontier Airlines...


Sparkling Cranberry-Orange Cocktail

I love sparkling wine and this recipe sounded tasty plua I wanted to try and "channel" some dear friends back East who make excellent cocktails...

The last tasty-sounding recipe I tried, however, didn’t make the “it’s a keeper” cut.

So I was a bit wary to try a new recipe on our guests last evening.

But I did…and I’m glad to say that it was a hit.


I found this cosmopolitan rimming sugar and decided it would create a nice decorative look as well as with the fresh cranberries.

Obviously I don’t know how to cut orange strips for garnish…



In my defense…I was in a hurry to get the drinks to our guests as they walked in the door.

Had a “duh!” moment this morning…realizing that I can make a batch and chill before the guests arrive…rather than making each cocktail individually.

Guess this is why I’m not a mixologist!

No comments:

Post a Comment