Tuesday, January 5, 2010

I know I shouldn’t...

But I do.

Then I feel yucky...having known full well I would feel this way.

But it calls to me.

I can’t seem to help myself.

Or turn away.

Or turn a deaf ear.

Afterwards, it’s more than just yucky that I feel...it’s like my body knows better.

It knows it doesn’t want it.

And yet, I can’t seem to stay my hand.

It’s as if it has control...

of my mind

my brain (are they one and the same?)

my body.

I can’t stop thinking about it...till I have it...even if I try and hum to myself.

I know I’m the only that can stop the cycle.

The yucky feeling afterwards.

The knowledge that I shouldn’t have it.

That I should have stayed away from...

The candy bar.

The frosted cake.

The cookie.

The ice cream float.

The donut.

Sugar...my Nemesis.

It wasn’t always this way.

I’ve always had a sweet tooth.

I used to be able to eat the frosting and toss the cake.

But now...Yuck.

Eat the cake and toss the frosting.

My mind wants the sweet stuff though (oh how it craves the sweet stuff), but my body no longer likes it...

Mind...body...body...mind.

Mind over body? Nah...

What I need is "mind over mind-over-body."

Came across this phrase in this NY Times article from a while back.

It doesn't really apply, but I like the concept...push my “mind over mind-over-body” when it comes to sweets.

Mind over mind-over-body…

Maybe if I say it enough...

Nope...I’m off to have some graham crackers!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment