Thursday, January 7, 2010

Hurt feelings…

My news channels are MSNBC and the Weather Channel.
(I guess the first one says something about my politics…)

Occasionally I’ll watch Good Morning America or some other morning program…but usually it’s the Weather Channel.



I haven’t found a local channel (in fact, there are no local channels for Laramie) that I really like and the WC provides day long info on Laramie weather.

I’ve noticed however, and this is where the hurt feeling come in, that no one…I mean no one…ever comes to Laramie (or Wyoming) to report on the weather or to interview the locals on…”how are you coping”…no matter how fierce the weather.

I mean…Detroit gets the newscasters, as does Minnanopolis, as does Iowa City as does NY, Boston, D.C., Okalahoma, Texas, Atlanta and…

Are getting the picture?

I realize that Wyoming is the least populated state, but…

Come on WC…we’re people too!

Or…maybe Wyomingites are just too hardy a folk to be bothered with trivial questions about weather.

I’m liking that perspective...

No comments:

Post a Comment